Advantages & Benefits of Metglas Brazing Foils
Metglas Brazing Foils (MBF's) provide extensive manufacturing and performance advantages
over conventional brittle brazing filler metals
Advantages of brazing with MBF's
- Unique 100% metallic foil form possesing outstanding ductility -
MBF's bend 180° without fracturing to comply with complex joint geometries
to ease placement fixturing; ductile enough to be mechanically stamped and
shaped to three-dimensional configurations.
- Wide range of brazing temperatures - covering melting temperatures
from 950°C (1742°F) to 1195°C (2183°F).
- Contaminant-free - for prolonged brazing furnace life.
- Fast melting and outstanding wetting and flow - for void-free,
optimum strength joints.
- Wide range of base metals successfully brazed - covering but not
limited to all stainless steels, super alloys, hard cemented carbides and
low carbon steels.
- Wide range of widths - for easy brazing of small and large
- Range of thicknesses available - for optimized joint gaps,
including very thin foil, 20µm (0.78 mil) for decreased erosion of base
- Ease of assembling automation - for enhanced manufacturing
- Consistent performance - a virtually reject-free brazing
operation in one heating cycle.
- Precise metering and ability to be used as preforms
- eliminates waste and creates high quality joints.
- Unlimited shelf life
All information and images displayed on the Metglas.com web site is Copyrighted © 2003 -
2017 Metglas, Inc. All Rights Reserved. unless otherwise stated
Metglas,Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Metals America Ltd. Display, Publication, Republication or use of the wordmark, logo, images and or information from this web site without prior written permission from Metglas,Inc. is strictly prohibited.